Sunday, June 6, 2010

It was great to be with ya all

Family,

Where did ya all go? Man what a fast passing week. I can't believe the week we looked forward to for so long has come and gone so quickly. And I didn't get a chance to preach, what's up with that? Craig did a great job with his "preachin minute", and I say amen to what he had to teach us. If any of you missed that you ought to get ahold of him and let him teach you a wonderful truth.
I shared something in my testimony in church today that I would like to share with all of you. Last week when Ashley and I went to the store I asked her how she knew I loved her. She thought for a moment and then said, "Because you always have, Grandpa." That was a sweet and amazing answer. It really touched me. I got thinking about it and that is the best answer to how do we know that Heavenly Father loves us. Because He always has. Thank you for teaching that truth Ashley. I always have loved each one of you. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father sent us all to earth to be together as a family in this wonderful day and age.
I just got thinking and one of the reasons that preachin by blog is so hard is because there is no inter-action. I need to have some comments but especially questions. So submit questions and make comments then we can have a discussion. Let me conclude today with this thought. As busy as life is, and will remain, do not allow yourself to be to busy for the most important things. Always have time for the Lord and your family. When this life is all over you'll be glad you did. I love you all. Keep Smiling.

Love Dad England

2 comments:

  1. This week really did go fast, and that is saying a lot when coming from a very miserable pregnant woman. I hope the next couple of weeks go just as fast. As for life being busy, I read the article in the Ensign today called Don't be in a Hurry. It goes very well with your final thought. So what are some suggestions of how to make sure to slow down and take time for the important things and keep up with all of the demands of life at the same time? I hope I can understand some ways by the time September comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comments Dad. What you said about Ashley reminded me about an experience that I had with Austin a few Sundays ago. I had just finished speaking in Sacrament meeting and then sat down with the kids while Nathan spoke. I am sure Austin was listening because he leaned over to me and said with a very serious face, "Mom, I want to go to heaven." I told him that I was sure he would and that we could go as a family. He then told me that he wanted to go there now, and also wondered how we were suppose to get way, way up there.
    I have thought several things about his comment. I've thought about my responsibility to teach him of heaven, to love the gospel, to endure to the end, and know what steps he needs to take to get way, way up there. But most, it struck me how much our children want heaven. As parents, we always seem to discuss how we can help our kids learn the gospel and stay on the straight and narrow, but do we always consider how much they want it too? Even when they are teenagers or distracted with other worldly things, I think we should remember that their spirit really does long for heaven. We need to help them remember and feel that.
    Also, I feel that I have been too busy lately. The last week as I have studied in the conference ensign, I feel that the whole first session of conference was aimed at parents; parents taking time to do the most important things. Sometimes I feel so weak, and I want to do so much better. Thank you for your testimony.

    ReplyDelete