Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

Today is Fathers Day,

Happy Fathers Day to me!!!! and all the other fathers to. I don't have a lot to say today. Maggie is the only one that commented on my last blog. I appreciated what she had to say. Get on my blog and check out her comment and make one of your own if you are so inclined. This has been a very busy week. Monday I attended the city/county meeting and learned more about our aquifer. I now officially know more about our aquifer than I ever wanted to know. It is important stuff. I'm glad that there are people who understand all the stuff they have been trying to help me understand. Then I spent Wed., Thurs. and Fri. in Idaho Falls at the Association of Idaho Cities training for elected officials meetings. Those really were good. I'm getting more and more ready to be a city councilman. There is a lot more involved with this office that I knew. Isn't that the way life is. I'm glad that I can be of service and hope to do much good of my own free will and choice. I love you all. Stay HAPPY.

Love DAD

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's day! We love you. Today Craig asked Darren who told him that he could get so big and Darren didn't even have to think about it. "Grandpa"
    You're going to have to let us know what else you told Darren he could do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about what Maggie said in her last comment about it taking a village to raise a child. I soooo wish we were closer to family. It seems like the things I stress about most concerning my life and my children could be helped by being physically closer to my family. I find it hard to develop very personal relationships outside my family. Is that bad?

    Happy Father's Day, Dad. I hope you know we all love and admire you. Also, congratulations Brenda. I can't wait to see little Kyle.

    Here is a questions for your blog sometime. The missionaries frequently stop by our place because they are around our area a lot, and they know Nathan is in the bishopric. I am usually the one to talk with them, and they often pass on assignments or suggestions of fellowship. One of the last times they stopped by, I couldn't help but feel over-burdened. I know missionary work is important (and to the elders, it is their life) but how is a mother of 3 young children supposed to reach our and fellowship people who I never cross paths with, even if they do live on my street. They don't come to church, have young children, or live in their apartment for long. I just feel like there is so much expected of our little family in this mission-field area of Logan we live in.

    ReplyDelete