Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family,
Hey there Hi there. Here it is Sunday afternoon and I'm having a hard time believing that another week has passed. I'm really looking forward to this weekend when we can all be together and I can address each of you personally. The personalness (not a word I know) just isn't in these typed messages.
The last line of D&C 38:30 states, "...but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear." So what is the preparation that you should be about right now so as to eliminate fear. I could easily list you a long list of general things from our day that we should be preparing for, but I will refrain. All right I heard the collective sighs of relief, now you all be nice.
Now your instruction. First individually, then as couples and then as families contemplate what brings fear of anykind into your heart and soul, or even just into your mind. Now make a list and prioritize the list. There is your personalized, individual list of things to prepare for. As you make proper preporation in these areas I promise that the fear will subside and will be replaced with faith. The Lord knows each of you and loves you. I know each of you and love you. We want you to be happy. So in the spirit of true faith... DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY. I love you all and am counting the minutes till this weekend.

LOVE DAD ENGLAND

3 comments:

  1. First, Dad, I want you to know that we have tried to add our name to your "followers" list, but you have to have a certain account that we don't have, and I don't want to set up another. But that doesn't mean we aren't watching; we'll always watch for updates.

    Thanks for the counsel on fear. I think that will be a great exercise to do as an individual and as a couple. (I know already that Austin is afraid of ghosts and Jason is afraid of bugs.) Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited to try this exercise out as I tend to be a "worry wort." Doing this will help me feel like progress is being made and give me confidence that we could face challenges that scare me. I want to be known by those who love me as someone with great faith, so I want to increase mine.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul and I are now followers of your blog. The thing I fear most is fear. There are also other things. I am excited to work those things out so that I will have no reason to fear. I always appreciate the counsil you give to me and my family. Love you dad!!!
    Kaylene

    ReplyDelete